Question
Posted by: Drained | 2009/11/24

No more energy

I think im going to burst.i fell like screming so l loud. Doc..firstly it was him crying about his late father.my mother passed away too.but we all have to move on.i had to be there for him.second he became depred over it I had to deal with his suicidal ways,he started by drkinking pills.strangling himself.which at the time he forced me to abort after telling me he want my baby.we can start a family.when the baby came he shut me out.i had the top.no counseling.when I wanted to talk to him about it after it happened he told me he don’ t feel like talking.i spent nights crying alone and he wasn’ t there for me.that was 2months ago and it still hurts..i ask him why he never ask how I am doing he says it never occurs to him.he prefers letting things go..i have to deal with this by myself.he would cry about the bad person he is and that he want my baby after telling me to abort.he became so down about everything,.i had to be there for him comfort him.but he cant do the same with me.i even had to force him to go for counseling which he only went 3 times..he became fine.but everytime I tell him about the things that hurt me that bother me he would turn the situation around like hes the one suffering more thatn I am,I end up comforting him.and I have to comfort myself..now hes told me hes was tolf hes gona be retrenched in January.i told him he will get another job.and im here for him and we will move to a smaller place together.im not gona leave him.we will get thru it.but its like all that is not enough.he pushes me away and when I tell him he says I don’ t think abou him and what hes goinh through.what am I supposed to do.,its like im not good enough for him anymore.he complains about me calling him when he is out.and me always telling him what to wear when ever we go out,.he loved all this and he would even beg me to tell him what to wear as hes always getting complements at work about how nice he looks.now it’ s a problem.last time I told him its so selfish of him to never ask about the abortiong.he said he would.even today he never bothered.im all by myself.i feel like being alone.i feel drained.im always there for him why cant he do the same.he is always annoyed when I talk to him.im only good in bed when cooking and washing for him.that’ s how I feel.’ 

He sounds like someone anybody would be thrilled to be away from - why do you still have anything to do with him ? He sounds self-pitying and something of a drama queen ( strangling oneself may seem dramatic but is one of the most ineffective methods of self-harm )
Why are you so determined not to leave him ? Move on
As garfield points out NOTHING in your description shows the slightest bit of love or care for you. He doesn't deserve you

3
Posted by: Garield | 2009/11/24

Why on EARTH do you stay with this person? He shows no love, care or respect for you.

I know it' s tough in this sort of relationship because you end up getting so down in yourself that you can no longer see the wood for the trees - as you find yourself right now, drained.

Use your little bit of strength you have now to get UP &  GET AWAY FROM HIM?

Surely being alone &  miserable for a short while is better than being with him &  miserable for ever without any sign of anything improving?

Leave him &  if he threatens to kill himself tell him to go ahead, it is no longer your problem.

Dont let him be your problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Garield