Question
Posted by: Zimbini | 2011/02/17

No menstruation for 9yrs

What can be the cause of me not having my periods normally and have been trying to conceive but I know that it is impossible without them.Had two miscarriages and in 2000 was blessed with a bouncing baby girl and have not seen my periods till year October 2010 and I was so excited as they were normal but February 2011 they stopped and my gny said there is nothing detected wrong.I am very worried as I am 36 years now and dont want to have a baby when I am old please assist

Dear Zimbini

There are many reasons as to why a woman would suffer from absence of her menstrual flow. A thorough examination and investigation would be your first step in determining what the cause is. It appears that you have seen your gynaecologist and he says that everything is okay then the most likely reason is anovulation which means that you are not ovulating. I would suggest that you go and see him so that he can then give you medication that is available to help you to ovulate and once you do ovulate your menstruation will come and you should then be able to achieve a pregnancy.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/02/22

Dear Zimbini

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert