Question
Posted by: Emed | 2011/04/26

No lust for sex

How do you get your lust back I''m female and 24 years old, in the beginning it was very sore, and now I had a operation to move my womb that was in the way, but now i dont have any interest in sex, I dont have a lust for it. Please Please help, I am married, and scared it will affect my mariage.

It is quite common that in the beginning of a relationship women may have a greater interest in sex and possibly be less inhibited in sex than her 'default' position would be. This is due to chemicals in the brain which are released in the beginning of a relationship - amongst other things they result in slightly higher testosterone levels in women which may account for higher sex drive. Unfortunately due to a cruel trick of nature these changes are temporary and after a while (between 6months - 4 years) return to a more 'normal level'. In addition to this you have also experienced pain during intercourse. The anticipation of pain may cause a 'block' in the normal sexual response. If you still have pain during intercourse it would be advisable to see your gynaecologist but if this has resolved it would be important to communicate your feelings to your partner, to be able to communicate what feels good and focus on those feelings and to ensure that you have adequate time to become aroused prior to penetration. If this is still a concern in your relationship, it may help to see a trained therapist in your area. For more information please Contact the SASHA (South African Sexual Health Association) helpline Tel -0860 100 262 for referral.

2
Posted by: emed | 2011/04/27

Is there anything I can drink or do?

Reply to emed
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/04/26

Reply to sexologist