Question
Posted by: Ash | 2009/11/21

No luck with pills!

Hi, before I waste my time and money going to a doctor again, I' m hoping I can get an answer here. I started on Yasmin when I was 19 as my doctor recommended it for my skin. I used it for about a year before I stopped because it made me EXTREMELY dry ' down there' . My doctor then gave me a prescription for Femodene. I used that for a couple of months only because it gave me the most horrific pains in my stomach. Doctor then suggested Triphasil and that was fine for a few months but I started getting pains very similar to period pains. So now I' m on Minulette and again I' m having problems. I' ve been on it for 2 months and about halfway through my pack, I get the most aweful infection. I get a yellow/ greenish discharge and my skin burns (like the discharge is acidic or something). Now I know that these problems are specific to the pills because before and after I was taking them, I never had the problems. What would you suggest?

I presume that you are taking the pills for contraception and not just for your skin. If so, you could try diffeent form of contraception such as the injectable or IUCD.

1