Question
Posted by: rose | 2012/03/09

no libido

Hi dr, my baby is 9 months old now and I still breastfeed. From about 2 months before she was born I have had absolutely no desire to have sex. My husband is getting very frustrated and I do not know what to do since I cannot force myself into it. I am usually exhausted in the evenings and just want to sleep. CaN this be an hormonal issue and how can I get back to the way it was? This is really getting me down as well. Hope you have some advice for me! thanks in advance

It can be hormonal but it can also just be fatigue. Your husband may not understand the strain of a new mother. Breastfeeding can also take a lot out of you- especially if you do not monitor your nutritional intake. It can just be psychological that you "reject"him out of fear for another pregnancy etc.. You may even be depressed. On the other hand life goes on. He gave you a a baby girl who will grow up and leave the home and then you still must have enough to keep a marriage going. Consult your doctor and I hope you feel much better very soon. DEidre - SASHA

1
Posted by: sexologist | 2012/03/10

Reply to sexologist