Question
Posted by: Shhh | 2011/01/18

No libido

I have a 2 year old son and have lost my libido before he was born. Is there anything that a woman can take to help increase libido?

You have not given me much information but I am assuming that you are in a relationship and have noticed a decreased libido which started during the pregnancy of your son and is still reduced. There are so many changes which occur with the birth of a child(physical, emotional, hormonal) which may impact on one's relationship and therefore one's libido. It is common for women to experience a decreased libido while pregnant, infact up to half of women experience decreased libido which usually resolves by 3 months but may be present up to a year and beyond. Eventhough research continues in an attempt to find a medication which will help improve libido for women, at this stage non is available. There are many reasons why you could be experiencing this though. It is important that you seek advice prehaps from a family practioner to exclude illnesses which may imapct on your libido (eg post-natal depression) or contact the SASHA (South African Sexual Health Association) Helpline Tel -0860 100 262 for referral to obtain information about a specialist in your area who may be able to assist you

2
Posted by: Me | 2011/01/18

There are lots of things, you must just decide wich u want.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Sexologist | 2011/01/18

Reply to Sexologist