Question
Posted by: Susan | 2009/10/22

No libido

Me and my hubby are both in our early 40' s and very happily married .. but since a few months ago ... due to LOTS of stress at work ... we have our own company ... our sex drives are zero. We are happy ... really ... and talk about this problem ... but we both agree ... we don' t even miss it at this stage. Is this normal? Thanks doc.

Dear Susan,

The reasons you describe are well known factors that can influence sex drive for men and women.

The fact that you both realise that your libido's have dropped and the possible reasons why, and the fact that you talk about it with each other if wonderful.

You say that you are both happy with having spoken about it and accept it for what it is at the moment. It is not a question of is it normal, since there is no universal normal.

I would recommend that the two of you consider making plans for managing the stress, making time to take a break or holiday together to recoup your energies. What does tend to happen if couples do not engage intimately for long periods they can lose their sense of connection and this can result in problems later.

4
Posted by: Advice | 2009/10/25

Hi there. I suggest you go the erotic route. Get a couple of medium hard porn movies, and relax. For the guy, the visual stimulation will most certainly get him going, for the lady, even though she might primly protest and try to make light of the antics she sees, it will have a stirring effect, believe me. The only downside is that the lady might tend to compare the tackle she sees on the male Star with that of poor old hubby ! Seriously though, if you really do want to get it on, try this remedy as a kick start, you will be thrilled at the result.

Reply to Advice
Posted by: Advice | 2009/10/25

Reply to Advice
Posted by: Babe | 2009/10/22

Even though you both recognise the reasons and loss of libido and are ' happy'  with the situation, I would suggest that you still make having sex a priority, even though you dont ' feel'  like it. The reason is I firmly believe in ' use it or lose it'  when it comes to sex. And I promise you, if you dont do it you WILL lose it.

Reply to Babe
Posted by: Sexologist | 2009/10/22

Dear Susan,

Reply to Sexologist