Posted by: Lisy | 2009-09-03

no interest

I' m 26yrs old and have been with my boyfrienn for 4years now. we have been through so much as he is a recoverying alcohol for the past 2yrs. the problem is that all the bad things still play in my head and i' m so worried about our future that i don' t get turned on by him and find sex to be painful and the no campassion at all. i' m worried is the anything i can do to change this or is it always gonna be like this.

Therapeutic intervention should be at the top of the list of priorities for you and your relationship. Sex can easily be described as the cement that holds the building blocks of the relationship together. If the bricks/building blocks have been damaged/have shifted or is not mended – we cannot expect the cement to ensure that the building remains standing. You need to heal the hurt, distrust, lack of respect, loss of closeness, etc that was cause by the past. Your relationship is going to need hard work to recover, but I am not in the position to comment about your future. The pain that you experience during intercourse is most probably due to your inability to relax and an indication of your emotional pain. You need to seek professional help to assist you to create the future you need and deserve – you have a full life ahead of you.

You are also welcome to contact our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted to get in touch with a therapist as close a possible to you.

Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: