Question
Posted by: Zanele | 2010-05-24

no help for tinnitus

After a series of tests which include blood, MRI and audiology i was told my tinnitus was caused by hearing loss in my left ear and there''s nothing that can be done for me.
I''m a 26 yr old female and my tinnitus has been progressing from mildly distracting to now very loud in the one ear all in a period of 2,5 yrs in the
left ear alone and the right one hears normally. I''m worried that i''ll end up completely deaf on the one side and that whatever caused it will also affect my hearing on the right side.
How can i improve my quality of life inspite the hearing loss and tinnitus and when is it serious enough for me to get help?

Expert ImagezENT Expert

See previous answer