Question
Posted by: Candice | 2011/03/28

No heartbeat @ 11 weeks

Dear Doc

I have been having terrible stomach cramps from Wednesday last week. I went to my doctor and had a scan done and we could not pick up a heart beat. Also the baby is too small for 11 weeks. After my own research I see that I could have had a miscarriage and the baby stopped growing weeks back. What are the possibities that we could be wrong and the baby might still be alive? I have to go back for a scan in this week .

If your doctor is experienced at scanning, there should be no confusion about whether the fetal heart is there or not.

2

Posted by: anon | 2011/03/28

i think you should get to the doc asap. by 11 weeks the heartbeat should be clearly visible. yep you could have had a misscarraige.

Reply to anon