Question
Posted by: Worried Friend | 2012/01/26

No hearbeat at 10 weeks

A dear friend who has waited a long long while to fall pregnant has gone for her 10 week scan , and her doctor says that he cannot hear a heartbeat and suggested a D& C , I have spoken to a few other moms who said that they had similiar experiences in their pregnancies and went ahead to deliver healthy baby babies proving that ultrasounds do not always pickup a heartbeat , my question how common is it that no heartbeat at 10 weeks could just be a mistake and that the pregnancy is still ok.

At 10 weeks it is unlikely to be a mistake, but she can wait a week or two to be sure.

1