Question
Posted by: Tessa | 2010/06/28

NO GALLBLADDER BUT CONSTANT TASTE OF GALL

Hi there,

Am a 51 year old woman and have had my gall bladder removed and a hiatus hernia repair. Gall bladder was removed about 10 years ago and the hernia repair was bdone about 8 years ago. Both ops were very successful, however for the last 6 to 8 weeks I ahve had the most awful taste of bile in my mouth. Have also had a couple of days where I am nauseous amd vomit bright yellow bile. Also a lot of burping and about 3 days a week for no obvious reason an incredibly upset stomach for about 2 hours.

I am slightly overweight but follow a very low fat diet. What could be the cause of this?

Many thanksa dn kind regards
tessa p

Hallo Tessa
Although you don't have a gall bladder, your liver still makes gall and it is deposited into the deodenum directly. The funny taste in your mouth can be coming from a post nasal drip or acid reflux. Because you were nauseous and vomited bile, I wonder if you don't perhaps have a liver problem and maybe you should have it checked out with a blood test
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/28

Hallo Tessa
dr Bets