Question
Posted by: Andrea | 2011/10/03

no friends

Hi Doc,
I recently got divorced after 5 years of marraige, no kids.My ex husband and I are still good friends, but I am desperately trying to move on with my life and trying to meet new people, I am just so shy,and really don''t make friends easily, I have tried new hobbies, boot camp, I also don''t have a best friend, is that strange? I feel very isolated, and the more isolated I feel, the less I wan''t to get out. its a visciuos cycle.

Its not especially strange not to have a very best friend, except maybe in the sense that if you have even mild friendships, one may be a bit better than the others. Sounds like you have issues of low self-esteem and low self-consciousness, maybe some social anxiety, and this could be very well dealt with in therapy with a pychologist or counsellor, and this could free you to form sustaining friendships and hobbies, and become free to move on and make your own sort of life for yourself

2
Posted by: Thato | 2011/10/04

Andrea where are you based if I may ask, I also feel the same and wish for a friend asap. I am having problems that I can''t share with my family, just need a friend, my only hope is my daughter who is now with my mom most of the time, and I feel so empty inside.

Reply to Thato