Posted by: Jenn | 2010-01-24

No Feeling in Leg

I am a 28 yo female. I remember when I was about 16 I squatted down to pick up a heavy box and felt a ripping sensation in my left leg. (Left side of left leg about mid-thigh) This happened a few times in my teenage years. Sometimes there would be a prickling sensation and the ripping sensation would often follow. After the " ripping"  sensation I would feel heat in my leg and it would feel warm to the touch. This happened quite a few times since then. A couple of years ago I felt a very sharp rip on one occasion and that seemed to be the last time it happened. Now however that section of my leg has no feeling. I realized that when I rested a cold can of soda on my leg...I could only feel half of the can...when moving the can I realized I couldn' t feel it at all on that part of my leg. Sometimes I feel discomfort and heat there but no pain. What caused this?

It is possible that there is severe trauma in your quadriceps that is causing nerve impinchment. This will explain the numbness and lack of sensation. I therefore, suggest that you consult a neurologist to have tests done, to establish the real reason.