Posted by: Maria | 2010-06-26

no energy for gym

I am trying to be strong and healthy but have no energy for gym.
I ''ll have pronutro wholewheat or oatmeal for breakfast, snack on apple/rice cake. Lunch chicken on low gi bread or wholeheat pasta and beef, then a banana before gym followed by protein shake after gym.

Should i eat a preotein bar before gym for energy?

Hi maria

I think you need more carbs, not more protein. Overall, it seems you're getting very little energy in, and carbs are the main source of energy. If you have no energy, then it's a good sign that overall, your energy intake is just too low. So you need to increase it, and this means changing what you eat and how much. It would be presumptious for me to say what you need to eat, since I'm not a dietician, and the best thing you can do is to see a dietician about it.