Question
Posted by: Diks | 2010-02-10

No employment contract

Hi, I need advice, I did a WSETA learnership with this company for a year and after finishing it they wanted me permanent and I started the following month without a new contract and when I ask about it the manager always say he will come back to me and doesn' t. It is my second month now and last month I was paid the same salary as for the learnership and another problem now is I discovered that I am pregnant and I' m scared that they won' t hire me at all. The company' s Hr is in Johannesburg and we are in East london. What can I do if they don' t wanna hire me and what about the salary difference. All your advices are welcome.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: NO EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT

If you've started without a new contract then you are a permanent employee.

2
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010-02-26

RE: NO EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT

Reply to labour lawyer
Posted by: Anon | 2010-02-19

They aren''t allowed to discriminate because you''re pregnant