Posted by: JayD | 2009-04-01

No difference after 1yr 6mnt workouts

I have drastically changed my diet from fastfoods daily to chicken breast and veg. I workout for 1hr 5days a week at the same time. (12am -1pm) i do lots of cardio about 30 mins and 30 min abs, 4 times a week and resistance training on day 5. I work rather late so I only eat supper about 9pm. I use whey protien twice daily before b/fast and post work out. My weight was 113kg when i started a year and a half ago.. and today.. its the same.
Do you have any suggestions that may help me.

Dear JayD
If you have been on the diet you describe and have done such excellent exercise 5 days a week and have not lost any weight, then I would recommend that you consult an Endocrinologist (a dr who specialises in hormone imbalances (e.g. insulin thyroid, etc) to see if there is an underlying physiological problem that is hampering your weightloss. If you should suffer from insulin resistance then please also consult clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your insulin resistance and other conditions such as overweight, into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based on low-fat foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes’.
Keep up the good work with the exercise as this is probably keeping you from gaining even more weight.
I hope you can pinpoint why you are struggling to lose weight

Posted by: JayD | 2009-04-06

Thank you, for your advice I have made an appointment with a dietican and will report back on your site.
Kind Regards,

Reply to JayD
Posted by: JayD | 2009-04-01

No nonsense - I have a training buddy who went from 105 - now 82kgs, our workouts are identical, and we try to keep the same diet. Heart problems are in my fam so I' m really worried. cause I wind quickly and yet I feel strong. I do Martial Arts and I know i' m physically fit but my wieght &  waist size just doesn' t want to drop...

Reply to JayD
Posted by: anon | 2009-04-01

You are not normal .1yr six months and you were eating healthy ? are you sure ? ARE YOU SURE YOU DIDNT HAVE AMNESIA ?

Reply to anon