Question
Posted by: a4d | 2012-07-23

No desire

Venlafaxine, Lamotrigine, Dosulepin. No libido, very little arousal, anorgasmic. (I''m female). Been taking Lamotrigine for years in combo with other drugs, sexual problems but never this bad. Venlaxafine added start of this year, things went downhill, now also on Dosulepin, difficult to say if that had any effect. Is Venlaxafine the likely culprit? Does combo with Lamotrigine make it worse? Any advice, other than changing meds?

These are all drugs known to be capable of causing a range of sexual side-effects ( and Venlafaxine one of them, and a drug I have never fancied ). I hope you are being treated by a good and experienced psychiatrist and not a GP, as this sort of combination of drugs ought not to be used by GPs alone. Though no antidepressant causes sexual side-effects in EVERYONE who takes then, there are some more modern antidepressants that do not have such side-effects. Lamotrigine is usually used for epilepsy or Bipolar Disorder, not for ordinary depression.

1