Posted by: Janine | 2010-10-28

no contract

I was employed by my company 3 months ago. I have on numerous occasions requested for the HR department to give me my contract, which I have not even signed yet. I am extremely frustrated at this point as the HR lady is not even responding to my emails anymore, and my boss says I should just wait it out. I want a contract, plain and simple. I am employed as a permanent worker, witha fixed salary (no probation period applicable), and I dont even know what my exact job title is yet as I have been helping out in another department to cathc up on outstanding work. Is it right that I have to wait so long for a contract?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: No contract

You can complain to the Department of Labour as a contract is compulsory in terms of the Basic conditions of Employment Act. You don't need to wait even one day.

Posted by: Whena | 2010-10-28

No it is not right. Go to the HR person''s boss (the owner/MD ) and in a nice way bring it to their attention that you do not have a contract

Reply to Whena