Question
Posted by: C | 2010/03/15

No compassion

It drives me absolutely crazy when I browse the forums and see how many people struggle with their weight and then ask for miracle diets (which heaven forbid should not include any form of exercise) when they all know what the solution is: eat healthy, eat less and exercise for crying in a teacup! They blame their weight problems on everything, from having children, to getting older, depression, etc., etc. Is it wrong to get irritated by things like this or am I just a mean person?

That might not be the entire solution to their problems, but would surely need to be a significant part of it.
My question for you, though, would be this - the world is so full of so many things that could irritate a saint - why does THIS specific issue bother and annoy you quite so much ?

2
Posted by: C | 2010/03/16

Thank you Doc, you always manage to get to me with your responses. I do not consider myself to be saint, but it is a good question to which I don''t really know the answer.. I''ve never allowed myself to have weight problems and the only times I gained weight was when I was pregnant with my two kids. Maybe it irritates me because I know how simple the solution actually is and then you get these people who are constantly talking about the issue, but cannot actually do something about it and instead look for a quick-fix?

Reply to C