Posted by: frustrated | 2008-11-03

no cm loss? Why?

I am an overweight lady, who has been training with a personal trainer twice a week - a combination of kick boxing and weight training. I also walk 5km twice a week. My weight has not changed at all - I guess that is mostly due to not cutting enough calories. My question is why have I not even lost cm' s? Am I builing and toning my muscles under the fat? I am definately much fitter, and a bit firmer, but no change in cm' s. What am I doing wrong? Please HELP!!!!!!

I'm not sure how long you've been doing it for? It might just be too soon? Also, your suggestion could well be correct that you're seeing a loss of fat cancelled out by a gain in muscle - depends where you're measuring. What I wouldn't change is calories, unless you have a good reason to change it. I suspect it's more likely that you are undereating than anything else - your body is smart enough to cut back on energy use less if you are undereating. So the diet isimportant, and often for reasons you might not have thought of.

So I'd look at the time of training, at your diet and also how your training is going. If you're getting fitter and feeling firmer, then you're on the right track, and you should take heart from that. You're facing the right direction, just keep pressing on and the results will come.