Posted by: Jack | 2009-03-02

No chemistry

Unfortunately my wife does not turn me on. She has the wrong body type. I like tall slim women. Women with the right body type really do turn me on. However I have no interest in having sex with my wife. Is there something wrong with me?

There are many facets to love - physical expression, intimacy and communication as well as commitment. The reality is that over time our bodies age and change. Be aware that media often portray an image of women that is not realistic; 'thin' replaces healthy and normal. Women are then pressured into trying to become these 'perfect' or 'right' bodies. Take some time to re-examine all the facets of your relationship together. Stresses in the relationship can result in loss of interest in sex with the partner. The initial 'chemistry' in a relationship generally doesn't last long by itself. It needs to be maintained with regular activities that provide fun, romance and intimacy.

Posted by: R | 2009-03-03

My remark has been deleted. I am so sorry for putting it bluntley to this man with his problem. Sir, you are not a nice person towards your wife. Please leave her and find your right bodytipe and then you will be a happy person. that is until her body changes!! better?

Reply to R
Posted by: Anon#2 | 2009-03-03

Go and see a shrink - it' s not normal or healthy to be quite this obsessive.

Being only able to perform with a certain " type"  borders on a fetish, and some cognitive behavioural therapy might get you over your obvious mental obstacle. Your wife will probably support you and stand by you while you are getting this help.

Reply to Anon#2
Posted by: Just me | 2009-03-03

Holy crap! Wrong body type...huh? You either liked what you saw, or you didn' t...or had you never done the deed in your life before you married her? I' m not sure that there' s something wrong with you, but certainly something wrong with the choice and commitment you made!

Reply to Just me
Posted by: Jack | 2009-03-02

She is a great wife, but our sex life is dismal. She isn' t built like an elephant. Objectively she is an attractive woman. However I can' t perform with her - can only perform with very slim ladies

Reply to Jack
Posted by: Charl | 2009-03-02

Yes there is something wrong with you, why did you then married her if you dont like her. All men want a dream girl with a body to die for, but that does not make hetr a great wife or mother.

Reply to Charl
Posted by: Wondering | 2009-03-02

Is she built like an elephant or what?

Reply to Wondering