Question
Posted by: candice | 2011/10/12

no carb/sugar plan

Hi there dietdoc

My Dr recomended that I say away from carbs and sugar for a few days whilst under treatment for something.
Any ideas what I can eat for about 5 days? I know that even sweetcorn has carbs so I''m quite confused as to what I should and shouldn''t eat?
Please help!!

Dear Candice
OK you know to avoid all table sugar and all sweets, chocolates and sweetened cold drinks and fruit juice. Also keep in mind that most fruits have a high sugar content. The following foods are also all carbohydrates: all breads, rolls, cookies, cakes, biscuits, crackers; all breakfast cereals and porridges; all starchy vegetables like corn on the cob, sweetcorn, potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnips, etc. You can eat meat, fish, eggs, yoghurt, cottage cheese, leafy vegetables, salads, and grapefruit and low-energy fruits such as grapefruit and berries. Luckily you only need to eat this kind of diet for a few days.

1

Dear Candice