Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2008-12-02

No Carbs diet

Hi there - I' m on a 2week no carbs diet to speed up my metabolism, on my 2nd day now and have quite a bit of tummy cramps - is this normal?
thanks

Dear Lisa
I am not in favour of zero carb diets, but they should not be giving you tummy cramps. You will probably get constipated because of the lack of dietary fibre in such a diet, but if this would cause cramps, is not clear. If your tummy cramps persist then do seek medical advice as this could be due to an infection or some other physical problem. If you really want to speed up your metabolism then start exercising for 30 min a day!
Take care

1
Posted by: Ally | 2008-12-02

Your body is getting used to the change of pattern and amazingly enough after the 2nd week it would go back to normal its a mere adjustment thats all . However if it does persist do consult your doctor just in case its a little more then that

Reply to Ally