Question
Posted by: WHICH WAY FROM HERE? | 2008/06/15

NO BLADDER CONTROL

My mom is 78, disabled due to rheumatoid arth and now seems to have lost bladder control. Been given tabs to try assist but not improving and the fact she is disabled doesnt help her getting to the toilet is time anyway. What are the options, operations or what. Her general health seems to be on the decline and this is tiring her out as well. Is an operation advisable under the circumstances? Your advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you make an appointment with a urologist, in order to determine if she needs a trans-urethral catheter or a suprapubic catheter. These catheters are indwelling and will remain in place and drain the urine constantly.

Kind regards