Question
Posted by: WORRY | 2008/07/07

NO BABY

I have 1 child & now he's 11,I've been triying for another baby but nothing for 4 years now, my doc found out that I had fibroids and I had them removed in 2006 and I was bleeding a lot when I had my periods. After the op I was fine for few months, my circle was ok and then I started bleeding excesively with clots again and now I just get my periods just after 1 week and another week off. Can you tell me what to do as this is frastrating.

Dear Worry

The excess bleeding may be due to a return of the fibroids, which commonly occurs, and in addition, there appears to be a hormonal imbalance as well resulting in the dysfunctional bleeding. In many cases of fibroids the further complication is an infection inside the womb, which again can aggravate bleeding and also cause intermittent irregular dysfunctional bleeding. You will need to see a gynaecologist who would be able to investigate all these factors.