Posted by: Anonymous | 2009-06-02

NLF and Juvederm

Thank you for answering my previous q on NLF and botox. How long will this juvederm ' treatement'  last and what is the price approx? What exactly is juvederm? Is it a injection or ointment?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question.

Juvederm is a non animal stabilized hyaluronic acid (NASHA) dermal filler and its FDA approval is for 12 month longevity in the skin. To be precise 25% of patients treated will start losing effect at about 9 months while the remaining 75% of patients treated will still have effect at 12 months.
All dermal fillers are injected into the area that requires correction.

Prices vary from doctor to doctor but as a rough guideline expect to pay between R 2,000.00 and R 2,500.00 for a single filler treatment in this area.
My advice is to only use a FDA approved filler such as Restylane, Perlane or the Juvederm range (HV or Ultra) and ask the doctor to show you the filler to verify it is one of the above mentioned FDA approved dermal fillers.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.