Posted by: Lady Jane | 2009-03-30

Niresterate question?

I have been on Niresterate now for more than 2 years. I used to be on the pill but I suffered from migraines (between 3 - 6 a month). I visited my gynie who changed my contraception to Nirestrate. All went well and as one of the side effects my period " stop" . With my last injection, after about 2 weeks I started having my period again and its now been about 2 weeks none stop. Its very light. The other problem is that I have been getting my migraine attached again (during March I have had about 4 attached allready) and my PMS has gone throught the roof! I am 29 years old so I am not sure what to do. The nurse at my clinic said that the spotting is normal but I am not 100% about that.
What do you think might be the problem?
Kind regards
Lady Jane

The spotting is a side effect of the injectable. Your migraines are probably not hormonal and you should see GP for treatment for this.