Question
Posted by: Shells | 2008/10/28

Nipple discharge

I am 27 years old and relatively healthy - I have never been pregnant and breast cancer runs in the family (my grans niece had it and had her left breast removed)

I recently had some breast pain close to my nipple - its was a shooting stabbing pain which first started in my left breast and then in my right but the pain is gone in both now. There was no redness, but there did appear to be a little swelling - the swelling has begun to subside but my nipples are a little itchy.

Last night I did a self breast exam and I noticed when I squeezed my breast or my nipple (on both breasts) little beads of clear and slightly milky liquid appeared on the nipple. This has never happened before

Is this normal? Should I get this checked?

This is not normal. See your doctor to check your prolactin levels.

2
Posted by: a | 2008/10/29

I have the same problem and my prolactin is normal. You' re not alone with this issue.

Reply to a
Posted by: ABC | 2008/10/28

Have your prolactin levels checked

Reply to ABC