Posted by: Sleepy | 2009-09-29

Nigth Insomia, sleepy day

This is so weired.... I struggle to fall asleep at night at night and when I do, I only manage to sleep for about 2 to 3 hours, then I am awake again.... I never struggle to get out of bed because by then my mind will already be awake.

My problem is that I get very very very sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy and tired during the day! If and when I get the chance to sleep for even just 10mins, I will go into a deep sleep and when I wake up, I will be refreshed. My problem is that I work during the day and this sleepiness and napping during the day, is just not working for me.... what to do next CS...

Sounds like the problem is more one of sleep timing than of sleep itself ? Getting out of phase between your sleep rhythms and your daily schedule, rather as shift workers can. Various things can cause this, and of course this would influence the choice of how best to manage it. See a psychiatrist if possible, or at least a good GP, for assessment of causes, and discussion of treatment options. It would probably best be handled without sleeping pills.