Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/10

Nightsweats in 6 year old

Hi dr

My son is 6 and healthy. For the last 2-3 weeks he has been experiencing terrible night sweats, his bedding and PJ needs chaning in the middle of the night,

he does not have nightmares, fevers, pain or anything like that. We havent been to a malaria area and his bedroom and bedding is not too warm.

What could cause this??

Dear Anonymous
He may have a low grade fever and I think you should at least ask your doctor to check with a blood test. Malaria is sometimes picked up in non malaria areas when mosquitos travel in cars/buses from malarial areas.