Posted by: tired | 2008-11-14

nightmares-please help

Hi there,

i have been sufferering from terrible nightmares for the past 2 weeks. i wake up so many times in the night, but when i wake up in the morning i cant remember what they were about. The only one i remember is i thought someone was standing by my bed. I also remember waking up feeling very scared and i barely sleep and also wake up so early in the mornings - around 4.30/5am when i only have to get up at 6.30. im not sure whats bothering me, work is stressful and maybe its just this time of the year, but earlier this year my mom had a brain tumor but she is ok now, and 3 years ago my boyfriend was tragically killed in a car accident.
Could this be linked?? please help me, as im so tired at work i cant function.

thank you

Nightmares are common, and probably more common in someone with a history of trauma. It may be wise to see a good local shrink for assessmeent of hat other factors might be behind this disturbed sleep, as managing those factors could be the quickest way to settle the sleep problem.