Posted by: almost mad | 2009-08-03

nightmares because in-law

Last weekend my future mother-inlaw went on a rampage with insults about me. I have never been spoken to in such a vulgar and cruel way in all my life. I am a good person, so to be spoken to with such hatred and uncivilised cruelty broke me into a million pieces. It was extremely traumatic. I walked out the house and have been staying at my sister ever since. I have been having nightmares every night of evil and ghosts. I feel anger and hate all the time and everyday it is a struggle to keep the lump out of my throat and the tears out of my eyes. I am finding it hard to recover. My fiance is still at his parents place as we cant affort to get our own place because he is in debt from paying his families bills. They have fun and enjoy themsdelves while we suffer. I am deeply missing my two babies (puppies) who I am very close to but I cannot take them to my sister because she lives in a flat. I dont know what to do. I have so much anger and hurt, and I hate peeple because they are happy.

Obviously this must have been very upsetting. OK, so your fiancee has a problem of apparently not having somewhere else to live, but he could immediately stop paying his family's bills and save that money to get his own place, and in the meantime, get a small flat to share with you or some other friend. You need to seriousl discuss this with him, as he ought to have stood up for you, and made sure his mother did not do this.
Maybe she resents you because if he marries you and moves out, he may stop paying her expenses. Why doesn't she or other members of her family try something revolutionary, like working ?