Question
Posted by: BEM | 2011-02-24

Nightmares?

I had just read an article about nightmares and I have been having the strangest dreams, was just wondering if they would be considered nightmares?

Basically, I dream that I am being choked and cant wake up from the dream, I keep telling myself to wake up and its just a dream but its with great difficulty that I open my eyes. Once I am awake I am too scared to go back to sleep and as a result am extremely tired.

My fear is not the choking but not being able to wake up, to stop the dream. It sometimes feels like an “ out-of-body”  experience where i am trying to wake myself up.

I have noticed that as a result of being so tired they seem to occur more.

I would just like to get your view on it and would appreciate any feedback.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Dreaming is normal - we all do it 4 or 5 times a night. The content of the dream, ie pleasant or otherwise, is determined by your psychological situation. You can rehearse the dream situation, which can give a certain amount of control over the outcome of the dream.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011-02-25

Reply to Sleep expert