Question
Posted by: Oliva | 2008/05/29

Nightmares

hi
i get the most awful nightmares of people attacking me, hitting, kicking me, torturing me, axing me. really violent stuff. i wake up shaking, sweating & crying. for a few days asfterwards i still feel upset. it feels so real & the fear that i experience in the dream is like no fear i've ever experienced in real life. why do i get these nightmares? it just upsets my day to day being & i need them to stop! please help?

Nightmares may occasionalyl include some flavours or elements of real life, but are rarely directly related to real life. When they are recurrent and not merely occasionaly, they may reflect that one is emotionally upset for some reason, which itself needs to be deal with ; they may be related to stress, anxiety disorder or Depression. What one then needs is to see a ood local shrink for a direct personal assessment, and a discussion of treatment options based on whatever the assessment might find to be needing attention

1
Posted by: E.S. | 2008/05/30

Whenever something is bothering me, like some unresolved issue between me and my boyfriend, I wake up screaming and kicking, because "there's someone standing beside my bed".
And I find that when I've watched a violent movie it takes me weeks to stop being afraid to go to sleep. I don't watch it anymore.
It sounds silly, but I bought myself a nightlight. And it helps to take the darker areas of the room away. Sometimes I just leave the room next to mine's light on.
But whenever I'm happy and content with my love life, work, finances, everything, I sleep well too.
Good luck. Keep us posted.

Reply to E.S.