Posted by: Bubbles | 2011-10-31

Nightly cramp

I have just recently started getting a very severe cramp in the top of my foot during the night,I wake up in agony and have to get up and walk around till it goes away.
I am 56 years of age and do take various medications for BP,Cholesterol etc,I also take Puresis daily for water retention due to being previously diagnosed with Nephritis ( currently in remission) 10 years ago.
I do walk daily and do not have any pain during the day???
Any suggestions,someone advised tonic water at night??is it lack of salt??
Many thanks

You can use a product like Berocca Cal Mag that will supplement your vitamin and electrolyte intake. I do suggest that you consult your doctor for blood tests, in order to establish if you have an electrolyte distrubance, due to one of your conditions. Poor blood flow can also be a cause and your doctor will be more than able to assist you.