Question
Posted by: Alet | 2010-01-25

Night terrors and crawling in sleep

My 10 month old daughter suffers terribly from night terrors. She creams a very loud cry. I have to shake her to wake her up. I monitored it for a couple of nights and it does not happen the same time every night. She also mumbles in her sleep or talk her baby language loud and rolls vigiourisly around in her cot. Last night I saw her crawling all over in her cot while she was sleeping. she hit her head on the wooden planks of the cot but it did not stop her, she just changed direction. I had to wake her to stop it and to go back to a normal sleep.

What can I do to stop it and to help her sleep better. Will this mean that she will be sleep walking when she is older? She started to show these symptoms since she was a couple of weeks old. She is part of a faternal twin born on 34 weeks via c-section. Her sister does not show any of these symptoms.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

A very common problem, and does not mean anything for the future. She will outgrow it in time, and is nothing to worry about. Just gently wake her and reassure her.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010-01-26

Reply to Sleep expert