Posted by: Suraya | 2011-06-09

Night sweats and Bad dreams

I have been having bad dreams in the last 2 weeks, they are so bad i sometimes wake up in fear. I also seem to be very jumpy at the moment and hate being left alone. I have now noticed that i sweat at night while asleep. I thought that i was maybe keeping to warm and resorted to wearing a thin cotton t-shirt to bed and see that i still sweat! Is theres something else that could be going on ?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Dreaming is normal, but the content of dreams may give an indication of your state of mind. It sounds like you might have an anxiety disorder, but you will need to get this checked out, as many other things can do this, for example an overactive thyroid gland.

You should discuss all these symptoms with your doctor.

Posted by: LUDWIG | 2011-06-13

Any suggestions as to why I sometimes wake up during the night with my upper body soaking wet with sweat ? I do not recall having any nightmares.

Reply to LUDWIG