Posted by: JINX | 2012-06-05

Good day Doc, I am 49yrs old, female, and for the past year, I have been having night sweats on and off. Its unpleasant and it smells... what can I do to get rid of it.... I am on Yasmin pill - could that be a cause, because since I changed over to Yasmin about 2 yrs ago I have been having these night sweats. Please advise.

You will have to consult your doctor for an examination and blood tests, as your night sweats might be due to a hormonal imbalance. Your doctor will also have to test you for diabetes, thyroid disease and tuberculosis.

Posted by: Tanya | 2012-06-06

Your night sweats could be caused by your meds and/or menopause. Perhaps you should look into trying some other medication - there are many on the market, the trick is finding one that agrees with you.
I always looked at the funny side and called these sweats my private summer. My daughter gave me a fridge magnet that said " I''m still hot - it just comes in flashes now!'' Hope you get sorted soon.

Reply to Tanya