Question
Posted by: cath | 2012/03/25

Night Sweats

Hi Dr.

I had an oral sex before 43 days (kissing and sucking), I did a standard HIV test at day 40 and it is negative. but i have a Night Sweats till now. so:
1) is there a relation between hiv and Night Sweats ?
2)should i test again?
3) can hiv transmit through kissing or sucking my dick?
4) what is the cause of Night Sweats ?
regards

Cath

Night sweats are more commonly associated with tuberculosis. I sincerely doubt that you can get HIV from kissing and sucking but you can repeat the HIV test at six months after exposure. I do not however, think that you are HIV positive after your sexual encounter.

Refer to the following link regarding night sweats: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_sweats