Posted by: CHANEL | 2011-06-06

Night Sweats?

Im 32 years old and for the past 4 months or so be having really bad night sweats a week. They are quiet annoying as I wake up freezing cold and sopping wet all over my chest and under my arms I can actually feel the sweat run down have to change twice in the same evening. All strange as I feel perfectly fine not sick or feverish or hot flushes nothing like that. I am on Wellbutrin, Respedal and Topamx and read it could be a side effect but unsure it can be that as ive been on these medications for over 5 years now. Should I have it checked out or is it just the meds? Thanks!

I suggest that you consult your doctor for a full examination, blood test, sputum tests, as well as a chest x-ray. A condition like tuberculosis has to be ruled out.

Posted by: Sue | 2011-06-07

It could be hormonal. Night Sweats can happen in the 10 years leading up to actual menopause (called peri menopause). Best to go to your GP and have blood tests to check your hormone levels.

Reply to Sue