Question
Posted by: Mary | 2010/08/11

Night Sweats

Hi Doctor,

For the past couple of weeks I have been having very bad night sweats. I sleep in a vest and panties, and with one down duvet, and I am warm enough when I fall asleep. During the night though I start sweating and if I wake during the night the sweat is literally pouring off me. I am a 28 year old female, and stopped taking the Pill about 4 months ago.

What could be causing this, and is there anything I can do to stop it?

Thank you!

Hallo Mary
Most common causes are underlying diseases like diabetes, thyroid problems, infections (especially TB or lunginfections), some medications like antidepressants, some antihypertension medications, or supplements like niacin. Please see your doctor for blood tests and examination to try and determine the cause, as treatment will depend on the specific cause.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/11

Hallo Mary
dr Bets