Question
Posted by: susan | 2010/04/13

niece needs help

my niece is 17 years old and in matric this year. she has no relationship with her father and lives with her mother. they are constantly fighting, my sister never tells this child that she loves her, always telling her that she hates her and blames the child for the divorce. my niece now wants to live with me because she is very close to me and i don''t know what to do. should i get involved? my niece has a bit of a temper but i don''t blame her because she had to deal with a lot growing up. i want to do something before it is too late. please help...

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Susan,

If you feel that she is in a negative environment and you can provide her with something more positive this could be a very good idea.

Do you think your sister will be okay with it?

What is important here is that by providing a positive environment for her now she may have fewer emotional problems in the coming years. At 17 she is old enough to make decisions about where she wants to live and this should be heard.

1
Posted by: Teen expert | 2010/04/16

Hi Susan,

Reply to Teen expert