Posted by: Chantelle | 2008-12-01

Nido 1+ growing up milk

Can you please give me more clarity on the Nido issue! My baby is drinking Nido 1+ (1.8kg), manufactured in June 2008, is this milk contaminated with melamien? They gave me batch numbers of milk that is contaminated, and the tin' s number is not the same, is all Nido milk contaminated with melamien????????

Dear Chantelle
I wish I could be able to tell your with absolute certainty that all the milk formulas in SA are safe, but I cannot because they have not all been tested yet. Nestle who produce Nido 1+ have issued a public statement that only certain batches of Nido 1 and Lactogen 1 are contaminated with melamine and that the contamination levels are 10x lower than the WHO standard, so that they should not really cause a problem. However as a mother I can fully understand that you are scared to use these products for your baby and the problem is that we cannot yet say which formulas in SA are safe. I do, however, believe that Nestle is a company with an excellent safety record and that if they have informed the public that they have tested their products and only discovered melamine in one or two batches, then you should be able to use Nido as long as the batch number is not one of the contaminated batch numbers.
Hopefully this threat will be under control and companies will now regularly test all their products for melamine.

Can i hive 9months baby nid +1?

Posted by: Rina | 2015-09-14

Tell me can I gave a 2 year & 3 moths child Nido 3+ to drink

Reply to Rina
Posted by: Nido | 2008-12-01

Reply to Nido