Question
Posted by: Paul | 2011/04/12

Nicotine withdrawal

I have stopped smoking for 12 days now and have no intention of starting again.I started getting dizzy 24 hrs after my last cigarette and it hasn''t stopped since.I smoked + - 20 a day for 20 years.Is the dizziness common ? Some people have and have not had this and how long does it last.What can I do to help it,it is very unpleasant.

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Thank you for your post, firstly I want to commend you for quitting!! Well done and good for you! It is normal to experience withdrawals for a few days after your last cigarette, though 12 days is excessive. I suggest contacting your GP to get checked out.
Keep up the good work, for more support go to a Nic-anon 12 Step fellowship meetings - its free :-)
Love & Light
The Harmony Team

1
Posted by: Addictions expert | 2011/04/21

Love & Light
The Harmony Team

Reply to Addictions expert