Posted by: Recovering | 2009-07-11

Nicotine and Caffeine

Do yourself a massive favour and cut out nicotine and caffeine and you will see a massive reduction in your anxiety levels. This was the first step for me in dealing with my anxiety.

Read the Alan Carr book to help you quite smoking, and apply the same principles to caffeine. They are both extremely powerful drugs, but believe me it is worth the effort of breaking the addiction.

Sugar and chocolate can also agravate anxiety symptoms.

Eating healthy is probably the easiest thing you can do if you want to get better.

Don' t talk down to yourself, you are allowed to be scared, you just need to learn how to cope with your fears

Expert ImageArchive

PSYCHIATRIST: Healthy living..always important. On the subject of substances: alcohol, recreational drugs, diet pills and appetite suppressants can also trigger or worsen Panic Attacks.