Question
Posted by: Lee | 2012/01/26

Niccorette gum

Hi all, I stopped smoking cold turkey on 9 Jan 2012, the following Saturday 14th Jan, we were at a wedding and had a few drinks, and temptation got the better of me, I had a puff here and a puff there, towards the end of the evening I was smoking a lot, when i woke up on Sunday i was so disappointed with myself, i said that''s it i will not have another one, then i was cleaning the house, and found a nip of a smoke, and lit it!!!!! After that I went straight to the pharmacy and got some nicorette gum, been chewing that and i haven''t craved once, even while drinking, although it does make you liss a bit, but just chew a gum, you also get them in mint flavor now and they are quite nice xoxoxoxo good luck

Expert ImageStop Smoking Advice

Good for you! The important thing is you "got back on that horse". Slipping up doesn't mean failure if you keep trying. Alcohol is a very well recognised trigger for smoking. You don't have to give up drinking entirely though (unless it's a problem for you, of course), just be aware that it makes you vulnerable to reaching for a cigarette. If you can, it's a good idea to avoid situations where there'll be drinking (and especially drinking AND smoking)for at least the first couple of weeks smoke-free. Nicorette is a great tool - so glad it's helping you.

1
Posted by: Stop Smoking Advice | 2012/01/30

Reply to Stop Smoking Advice