Question
Posted by: Rose | 2010-08-18

Next IVF Cycle

My daughter (32) is six months pregnant after her 2nd IVF ICSI attempt. Both she and her husband have fertility issues and will not ever be able to conceive naturally. One of her issues is that she has a very low egg count and appears to be going into early menopause, so she would not want to waste any time. Even with stimulation her specialist was only able to collect three eggs her first cycle and four her second, after increasing the doses of medication for this stimulation. They want more than one child and want to go for another IVF cycle as soon as possible after this baby is born. What is the soonest they could do it? I presume that it would not be possible while she is breast feeding.

Dear Rose

Fertility treatment should be deferred until breastfeeding is complete. The earliest that we would recommend starting treatment would be 6 months after the delivery in the case of breastfeeding mothers and alternately 3 months after delivery if the mothers are breastfeeding.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010-08-27

Dear Rose

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert