Question
Posted by: Rush | 2008/08/06

nexiam

My doctor prescribed me nexiam 40mg tablet, and told me to take 1 a day and in a months time i have a follow up visit with him. My question is can i take the tablet in the evening before dinner, or do i have to take it in the morning. Will the tablet work better if i take it in the morning on a empty stomach? How long before i eat should i take the tab.
Thanx

Dear Rush
The tablets should be swallowed whole with sufficient water. The tablets may also be dispersed in half a glass of non-carbonated water. No other liquids should be used as the enteric coating may be dissolved. Stir until the tablets disintegrate and drink the liquid with the pellets immediately or within 30 minutes. Rinse the glass with half a glass of water and drink. The pellets must not be chewed or crushed. It is better not to drink the tablet with a meal as this will impair absorbtion. If you take it half an hour before eating morning or evening it should be fine.