Question

New relationship and I''m bored

My boyfriend and i have been together for about 6 weeks. He is in the medical profession and works 7 days a week. When he comes over to my place he normally passes out because he is tired. He goes out with his friends every now and then to watch soccer and goes to church on Tuesday''s and Thurdays. The thing is I am bored. I dont know why I attract men who are workaholics, we have argued so many times about this because he tells me I know what the nature of his job was when we met. When I tell him that I want to go places he tells me it doesnt matter as long as we are together. We havent spent one weekend together. I told him its not about the intimacy but being together. Am i asking to much, all I''m asking is for a man to take me places or even go places with me.

I an still remember the days of passing out ! This is what his job is like, and he sounds like a good doctor. But don't go with a guy like that, dedicated to hard work in their profession, if you just want "fun" and clubbing. If you expected anything different, then what on earth sort of rotten doctor did you think he was ? Be realisic and be kind to him - doctors, and members of many other professions, most especially in their younger days when they are building experience and practice, do not have time for frivolously "going places". If you don't like that, look for a bf who has a simple, low-paying 9 to 5 job ( so he can pay for the "places" you like, and who likes nothing more than that.
It's naive or ignoant to not recognize how time-consuming and exhausting busy medical work really is.
Have you ever asked to join him on the few "places: he does go to, to the soccer and to his chirh ? IF not, why not ? Being of different religions doesn't usually mean you can't attend each other's church services respectfully. But it could become a point of friction and difficulty in a relationship

5
Posted by: qwerty | 2010/03/09

I think in your heart of hearts you already know this isn''t going to work out. You need someone who has a normal job that allows him to spend quality time with you, and your bf has already indicated that it''s not going to happen with him. He''s clearly very dedicated to his job, and tries to " fit you in"  in his left over time, after his other activities.

You''re already unhappy - and it''s only going to get worse, not better. This early on in a relationship, it''s better to cut your losses and move on. And on a personal note, I don''t think it''s very easy to maintain a relationship with someone who doesn''t share your religious views. There are so many challenges in any normal relationship, and adding religious conflict to that makes the relationship THAT much harder to work!

All the best!

Reply to qwerty

Posted by: XXX | 2010/03/08

When you that new in a relationship one normally is still very much in love/lust so I find it starnge that he is so tired when he is with you.Is he really into you !
If he is not prepared to give you some quality time, then think very hard about what you want in a relationship and possibly move on.

Reply to XXX

He never invites me with his friends to watch soccer but we watched a live game together. He did invite me to church but we are of different religions.

Posted by: Joyce | 2010/03/08

Does he go with you to watch soccer?
Did he ever invited you to go to church with him?

Reply to Joyce